St. Sebastians Forane church
Balaramapuram, Neyyatinkara Dioceses
Trivandrum Latin Arch Dioceses
Ph: 0471 – 2400442
email: admin@bssc.co.in
Read More...

Institute of the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary (FMM)

On invitation by His Excellency Rt. Rev. Peter Bernard Pereira the then Bishop of Trivandrum, the sisters of the Institute of the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary opened a convent at Balaramapuram on 9th August 1979. It is one of the first international missionary religious congregations for women in the history of the church. Dedicated to universal mission through contemplation and the apostolate, the Institute belongs to the Third Order Regular of Saint Francis, while observing its own Constitutions.

Status Pontifical
Foundress Blessed Mary of the Passion(Helen de Chappottin)
Founded on January 6th,1877 at Ooty,Nilgiris, India
Congregation Feast day 15th November

Franciscan in its essence
    Missionary in its services
        Mary like in its approach.
                Dedicated to universal mission
                        Daring to answer the manifold needs of our times
                                Drawing strength from the Word and the Eucharist
                                        They offer themselves in humble and challenging services.



No of members in the community – 4



Existing Mission: Pastoral Services in the parish such as teaching catechism, Preparation for Sacraments, Animation of Basic Christian Communities meetings and liturgy, Involvement in Little Way Association, AICUF, Vincent de Paul Society, Family Visits.

Generalate address : Casa Santa, Elena,
Via Giusti 12,
00185 Roma, Italy,
Provincialate address : Our Lady of Providence Convent
Hosur Road
Dharmaram College Post
Bangalore – 560029